Mediation in Kentucky is a peaceful solution to your divorce. It allows you and your spouse to work in a negotiation setting to reach a divorce settlement or agreement, rather than going through the court and letting a judge decide. As a less-expensive and less-stressful option than traditional litigation, mediation is a great way to work through your divorce and look forward to the future.
At Schaffner Family Law, we are happy to provide mediation services to divorcing couples and their families. Our lawyers can help you and your spouse come up with equitable, fair solutions that benefit everyone in your family. We address a number of a divorce issues in Kentucky through mediation, including child care and custody agreements, visitation, spousal alimony and maintenance, division of assets and property, and much more.
The Mediation Process
Mediation works best if you can work with your spouse and agree on some common goals, such as your parenting plan and how you want to share time. While you don’t have to agree on everything right away, it’s helpful to have an open mind and ability to speak objectively with your spouse.
When you work with Schaffner Law for your mediation process, you and your spouse will collaborate with a neutral third party mediator who will guide you toward finding solutions that are fair for everyone. Our mediation attorneys can provide counsel and legal insight throughout the mediation process, helping you get the results you want from your divorce.
We can help you solve divorce issues such as:
- Asset and property division, including how you want to divide things among you and your spouse
- Child care and custody, such as working out a parenting plan or visitation schedule, or allocating child support for the future
- Spousal alimony or maintenance, including helping you calculate an appropriate amount given you and your spouse’s financial situation
- Other property or funds division, including any business you and your spouse might own or investments, stocks, and retirement accounts
- A futureproof divorce settlement to minimize the need for modification or amendments down the road
At Schaffner Law, we welcome clients from all different backgrounds and circumstances - even if you’re facing a high-asset or complex divorce case. With our attorneys by your side, you’ll reach a quicker solution that protects you and your family for years to come.
Call on a Northern Kentucky Mediation Attorney
Schaffner Law divorce and mediation attorneys are known for their empathic approach and competent counsel in mediation. We are proud to service couples undergoing mediation in the Kentucky area. To learn more about this process today, contact us at (859) 491-1011 or use the online form below. We look forward to serving you.